
A big week
Max and I had 5 weeks of holiday-ing, kicking back, doing what we wanted!!!! (((gotta love school holidays))). We celebrated his 3rd birthday with lots of friends and family, it was hot and we all partied in the pool. Max swam with his friends for over 4 hours and by 7pm he nearly fell asleep in his dinner! My legs ached from the clean up!!!!
Then on Tuesday ROUTINE HIT (((HARD))). It was back to early mornings, lunch boxes and work. Tuesday went ok......Max went to Linda's armed with cake to celebrate with.
On Wednesday it was time to start preschool. Max was up at SIX AM???!!!! By 8am he was tired. The toilet battle started, he refused to go to the toilet and I started to stress. By 8.15 he was crying and I wanted to cry and GIVE UP. After we picked dad up we both calmed down and we walked into Preschool and he posed for a photo and said goodbye.....I was so proud of him. I left work early as he has to be picked up at 2.30 for 4 weeks. When i got there my baby was asleep in a teachers arms, he apparently cried himself to sleep. He had had a few teary moments during the day and wet his pants at lunch time. When he saw me he was emotional but seemed to talk positively about the day. There is just a need to get him used to the toilets there.
Thursday I wanted to go into work to finish a few things I needed to do and to make up some time from Wednesday. When i dropped Max at Linda's he sobbed his heart out. POOR baby!!! He was so tired and emotional. He missed his sleep ins so much. When we were leaving Linda's he chucked a massive tantrum and threw himself all over the place (he thought her DVD was ours), he cried all the way home and continued for 15 minutes when we got home. He was drenched in sweat from head to toe and had wet his pants, it was tooo cruel to take a photo, but i tell you he was a MESS.
Our swimming lesson was moved as Max needed to move up a class, the afternoon time slot is great, frees up my day off. Max did not see it that way, he burst into tears again. A new teacher, a new time and the fact that she taught on the other side of the pool was too much to handle.
Friday went ok but it was the 4th day with temps above 30. Max was home with my mum. Southern Australia was in a heatwave with temps above 40. we were in the pool to 9pm.
Saturday, usual sleep in day but the BRIGHT HOT sun woke me so I got up and got some jobs done. then Narelle and I drove to scraploot and Max was a HANDFUL, I sounded like the screaming USELESS mother. I had had enough by 11am!!!!! lucky Max was asleep by 12, he was unwell again and slept until 4pm, only to be back in bed again at 8.30pm.....WHAT A WEEK!!!!


4 comments:
Love the collage. It must be tough being 3 years old and having so many things change in one week - he will adjust but it will be a trial I guess - hang in there lovey!!!
Alison XXX
It was hard on Benson going back to daycare too - all I can say is stick to routine and in a couple of weeks he will be fine. {hugs} Kim
Oh, Belinda..I feel your pain! Poor Max and poor you. I know exactly how you feel. Eme was exactly the same going back to daycare and she just doesn't get that you go to sleep when its sunny at night time. Stick with the toilet training...better now than in winter! {{hugs}} Lis.
Hey There Bel,
OMG and that was just week one. Don't worry I felt like throwing myself on the floor and throwing a patty when I had to go back to work as well.
The photo of him at daycare is just adorable!!! How cute is he!!!!! Enjoy this time with all of the trials and tribulations as before you know it big school has begun.
Hope that he is OK for you tomorrow at preschool. I have a sneaky feeling that you are in for a big one. I hope that I am wrong.
You make me laugh!!!Remind me not to try and look cool when you are around. I thought that you were going to park in your office. Shhhh - mums the word!!!
Love Ya Long Time
Rell
Post a Comment