Friday, April 25, 2008

Anzac day


They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old: Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn. At the going down of the sun and in the morning We will remember them.

I always think of my gorgeous Dad today, his brother Norman who fought in WW2 and all of the great Australians that made us a lucky country!

I wanted soo much to see my Dad march today...something I have always wanted to do! We were going to take Max in to the city to watch Poppy, but dad said his heart was not in it this year (his partner is very unwell).

So we took Max and my friends daughters to the zoo! We had a great time but gee the zoo has changed! I guess it is 90 years old! A lot of it is under renovation, the new seal and penguin section is great though! Max was fascinated by the Chimps!!! they are such "sweet" animals!

2 comments:

Belinda Venables said...

Sounds like a hard time for your dad Belinda... :(
Sounds like you had a fabulous day thoguh....any pics? :D
Belinda
xx

Narelle said...

Hey Belly Boo,
Stop the clock - the holidays are nearly over and we didn't catch up. Missing you and one of the good things about going back to work is catching up with you.

I love how sentimental you are with Anzac Day. It holds a special place in my heart too.

Hmm must go cook some chicken pie for the lucheon on Monday.
Love Ya Long Time,
Rell