Friday, September 18, 2009

Day 6

Chillaxing by the POOL!!!!


Poor Daz had to stay in the room all morning as he has had a bad reaction to sunburn....his skin has a rash all over it...he has not had it for many years but I guess many years of hard work has stopped him from getting regular sun.


So Max and I set off into the main street at 9am and got a boost juice and morning tea as I had planned a much needed day of "NOTHINGNESS". And that is what we did, Max played in the sand by the pool and splashed around while I played with my camera, experimenting with settings in the BRIGHT sunshine. Max made another friend and they played and built sand castles together. I love hearing him say "hi-I'm-Max" quickly as soon as he sees a boy that looks interested in playing. We lazied around until 1.30 when Darren appeared from the room and sat with us for another hour. We went for a swim in the heated pool and headed out for some lunch.


We spent a few hours in the main street doing some shopping, looking at the markets and eating dinner.


When we got home Max begged me for a swim so we played in the pool for over an hour. Watching him mingle and play with the other kids made me all warm and fuzzy. Watching Max walk up to kids and say "Hi-I'm-Max" quickly with a very strong and wise tone. Playing with mum in the pool is no longer exciting and he will go off with any child that chats and plays with him. Tonight he met a family with 2 girls and a younger boy and they were smitten with him. I chatted with their mums and Max played games and swam laps of the pool with them. When it was time to say goodbye Max gave them all hugs and told them "I see you soon oo-kay...we will play soon....don't forget to look for me oo-kay, remember me". It was the sweetest moment and they all gushed over him. I have loved every minute of this holiday.....so many memorable moments. xxxxxx thanks Max and Darren for a fun holiday.

No comments: