Monday, September 14, 2009

Day 2

Shopping and Swimming
Max came into our room and announced in a very surprised voice “Mum the sun is up here…can you see it???? I can see it, it’s ok”. I nodded and said good morning. Max said “it’s ok mum you can get up and look out the window mum and see the sun”.


It was bright at the early hour of 6:30 I tell you. I was blinded by the sun dazzling over the water. Looking down from the 26th floor you could see so much movement and action even at this early hour of the morning. I got up and prepared some breakfast…Daz kept sleeping.

We decided to spend the day relaxing and shopping. I spent some time looking at the map and all the attractions. Then at 10am we were on the bus to Pacific Fair. We hit the surf shops and I started Christmas shopping. Darren got a massage and an ice cream and a toy alien kept Max happy.

Max fell asleep in the stroller and when we got on the bus the cranky bus driver instructed us to get him out. I tell you carrying a 16kg sleeping child on a bus was not EASY for a pregnant ladies back. We got him back in the stroller and went and had lunch at the local RSL.....gotta love a yummy RSL lunch, fish and salad for me, T-Bone for Daz. Max ate some chips and nuggets when he finally woke up.

When we got back to the apartment we changed into our swimmers and explored the pool downstairs. It was gorgeous but still a little chilly with all the shade from the palm trees. Max went down the slide once and I had to hold his hand, when he hit the cold water it took his breath away so we warmed up in the massive indoor heated pool.

I forgot to mention the 'Haunted House Shop' we found it on our first night....as we walked back from dinner tonight Max requested to go there again. He was really scared of the monsters the first night but still insisted on going back. Here he is on the first night (I sadly lost over 25 photos of the holiday, Day 2 ....never delete while engaged in a conversation, I am lucky I never lost the whole holiday).

No comments: