Late Wednesday night my computer stopped working! OMG I was soooooo BORED. I had to resort to cleaning the house!!!!
the good news- all my photos and documents were saved. I am NOW the proud owner of a 19 inch flat screen (so everything is bigger and better) and I have faster working bits in my tower lots more grunt (no idea of technical names!!! LOL!!!)
the bad news - I lost ALL my email addresses, downloaded programs, FONTS!!!!!, the 265 emails I was saving as they were toooooo important to delete, MY FAVOURITES and I have no idea how to get into MSN as my hotmail email was on remember me and so i don't REMEMBER it! Belinda V I know you can help there!!!!
The sweet man who fixed my computer (QUICKLY) was sorry about this but said he had no idea WHY I would want to save fonts (over 400 fantastic fonts LOST), favourites or emails from 2006!!!! HELLO!!!!!!
SO please if you like me, and we have conversed by email before drop me a line so I can save your addy!!! or if you have any suggestions for my favourites send me some too as I lost over 50 great educational web sites and about 100 scrapbooking favs. Thank goodness for bloglines or I would have lost all of my blogs too!!!!!!!
I tell you I get more sleep when this machine is in the repair shop! Off to reload HEAPS of programs and download some of my fav handwriting fonts!
have a great Sunday!
Saturday, July 12, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


4 comments:
I have emailed you Belinda.
Hope you get it - let me know!
If not - email me back to make sure I have your correct addy...:D
B
xx
Sorry to here about your loss. I have heaps of fonts. send me an email and I will get them to you.
Angie - from camp!
I just backed all my stuff up on to my external hardrive. Ekkkkk, having some serious computer problems myself.
Nicolexx
Ask the guy who fixed it if he can retrieve anything with an external hard drive enclosure. MOST hard drive issues are with bad sectors or software and allow MOST data to be recovered.
If he says no, ask around to more places. Someone should have one. If you were closer to me I'd do it for you....
Post a Comment