Sunday, November 15, 2009

WOMEN

the emotions were running HIGH this week. I woke up all teary about work....about the things i need to wrap up, about the things going on next year and the fact that I wont be there. I started to hate the fact I wasn't going to be there in 2010 after the good year we had all had.....I then started to get upset with myself that next year was going to be one of the best years for me....a new baby and Max's last year before he starts school. I was cranky at myself that I was thinking of being at work. I just don't do REPLACEMENT WELL. I am a control freak......I have MY THINGS.....I am just weird like that and when I went back to work in 2007 it was difficult......just fitting in and getting MY THINGS back.......weird why my brain is working overtime on such silly things....all I have wanted for 2 years is coming true and I am crying like a baby over work....being sad about not being there.....WHO would have thought!!! bloody hormones even making me cry now!!!! The boss said a nice thing...."mate we came in together and we go out together, we did some good things and we learnt alot.........enjoy it until you have to come back". It still does not make it any easier.....

After ANOTHER interesting week at work and trying to hide some upsetting emotions I realised I am blessed to work with another wonderful woman...Narelle I know you pop in here, what you DID and saw and faced last week showed that you are and always will be SUPER TEACH, a term I know that makes us laugh, that you and I will only ever get. Working with you is great and I hope I get to do it for many years to come.


I then went to Max's preschool meeting on Thursday night and we chatted about so much.....we got onto the topic life and motherhood and having to do it all and how it impacts on WORK. It opened my eyes that I was not alone and I was not the only one facing the roller coaster ride of work, time, kids and career. I came home upset as Max's teacher has to move on next year BUT she is doing it for all the right reasons and although I LOVED the year she has given him and looked forward to another year of it I know all will be ok.

SO when I can have a drink to say cheers to 2009 I WILL look back fondly and be happy with all that happened. I will also give a big cheers to the year to come and be thankful, happy and REALLY enjoy all it has to bring....especially the sleep ins!!!!! (if baby no.2 is like baby no.1) - fingers crossed

photo by Janine Kaye 2008...can't wait for MORE!!!!

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Hey there Hun Bun,
I watch you go through these emotions and wish that I could do more. Just know that while you are away I will have your back - time will fly and you will find that pretty much everything will be the same when you get back. I bet we still don't even have our new boss. I understand the way you feel and I would probably feel the same and I also understand the way you guilt yourself for worrying about such matters. I guess life never really is perfect - just know that we will all be waiting for your return with open arms - omg who will make me laugh now???????? Don't worry I will give you daily updates on the Funny Farm.
Love You Dearly
Rell