Saturday, March 29, 2008

Max right now!

I have been beating myself up for not keeping up with Max's diary and his day to day adventures. I like to put a lot of my journaling in a word document and come back to it later.
I was playing with Max tonight and thinking about how I can't wait to see WHO he grows up to be, then I got sad as I also want to pause time and enjoy my little character now!


MINE is your favourite word. everything is yours!!!! You say MINE with such force sometimes it scares us!

Come on! is your next favourite thing to say! there is no sitting still when you are around. You are always on the move and always wanting us to watch you and play with you (which we love).

You really DISLIKE your stroller, and INSIST on walking everywhere - which is a slow process. I bribe you with a doughnut and a milkshake to get in the trolley each Saturday.

You say hello to people that catch your eye in the shops and as they leave you say goodbye, not everyone just the people that interest you!

You are a FISH. The pool has been your favourite spot over summer and swimming is your thing! You LOVE to swim with your face in and are trying to do big arms. Here you are at your swimming lesson and you have just swum about 3 m.

You wake up and ask for and look for dad. You are sad when I tell you he is at work. You get excited when he comes home. You love sharing his breakfast in the early hours of the morning.

You insist on wearing shoes to bed most nights, I have to sneak in and take them off once you fall asleep.

You adore puppies. When we read the ABC book you have to kiss and pat the puppy..oh and you have to blow out the candles too!

You are OBSESSED with power points and turning things on! When I shower you take the hair dryer and plug it in and turn it on! ON is another word you say with real force! You drag dad's mobile phone charger around looking for a power point without a safety plug in.

Keys are another obsession!!! along with the car! you have a set of your own real keys that you carry in your pocket and take to bed.

Your cot is usually FULL of JUNK!!!! toys, puppies, cords, the bath hose, 6 dummies, little people, keys, cars and your sunglasses! you pile it all in and try and cuddle it all at sleep time, I clean it out daily!

You call play dough "bugger".

You are such a character, you pull faces, throw tantrums and boss us around! You know what you want and rarely give in. You give the bust cuddles and blow the sweetest kisses.

You often negotiate with words like "one more", "no more" "more,... more!"

If i let you rice bubbles and baked beans would be the only thing you ate.

You always want lollies at the shop and I tell you they are "not for sale today" you proceed to tell off the shop assistants in Max SPEAK and throw your hands around and point a lot!

You screw your face up and throw your hands around when things annoy you, this makes us laugh so much.

you call the phone a "hello".

You love going to gymnastics and swing like a monkey from the bars.

You sit down and just say names of people that you adore. Mitch next door and Uncle Mark are your IDOLS! it sounds like this "mum, mum, dar-ren, mitch, nanna, nan, Kyle, mark, puppy, mum, dar-ren, dad, mitch, me, mark, kyle"

oh yes we still cant stop you from calling dad dar-ren.

You eat anything if you are hungry.... brocilli is your fav vege and you love taking dad's carrots.

maxy! we love you more than ever and if we dont manage to have another miracle like you, it will be ok as you are more than we could ahve ever asked for


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is getting so big... imagine how big he will be when I get back. OMG!

Gorgeous.

~Elleni~ said...

That was beautiful Belinda! :)
xxx

Belinda Venables said...

Oh Mr Maxy - you are just too precious! I loved hearing about what you are up to these days, It made me giggle.
Thanks for sharing B...I loved reading it.
Belinda
xx

Alison Shearer said...

Oh - that post made me happy and sad all at the same time. WE love you Mr Max - you are a character all right - I love the description of your cot - so accurate!

Alison XXX

Alison said...

Aww, Belinda this post was so touching. :) He sounds like a real character.