Monday, December 28, 2009

Dec 21 to 27

Darren and I woke up at 6am and got ready ..... It was hard doing it at what seemed to be the opposite to last time....when child birth happened naturally and we drove to the hospital at 2am as my water broke, now I was going in to have my water broken.

Labour started slow apparently he had a tight seal and was never coming naturally. Eventually the drug was at the maximum and period pain was all I could feel. My back was very sore and once again I had another child that did not face the correct way during child birth. I was soooo uncomfortable in the bed and waiting was boring so I decided to stand as I was more comfortable. That did the trick and it all happened so quick from that point.....gravity is wonderful. I kept asking if I still had time for the epidural ....it seemed that they were just ignoring me. At one point I asked them to RIP out my spine to ease the pain and the line that Darren remembers most is when I said "WHY I have gone from ok to write off in 5 minutes?"
When they told me to hold the last push for Dr Fulcher to arrive as he was in the car park I really did not care if he was on the moon......seriously i think most of the pain is forgotten now but yes I let a few swear words fly and checked my dignity in at the door once again. i would seriously love another child but don't think i could do it again.....2 will be enough......so I need to enjoy every baby cuddle as I know this time will go quick.

I left hospital on the 24th...I love Sydney South west Private but with Christmas my stay had to be shorter than I liked, plus the HARD bed was driving me nuts. Darren picked us up at 3 and we drove to Westfields for the much wanted Santa photo. That night we had our friends over for dinner and my gorgeous husband was sooo helpful and showed that he is a whiz in the kitchen. It was nice to have one drink and relax out the back while the kids played and Flynn slept. I wrapped and got a few last things together and fell into bed in pain.
Christmas day was gorgeous but I needed pain killers to get through it. I loved the excitement on Max's face and having my dad with me. Even though I could barely move off the lounge it was a nice day. It ended with a blackout and all of us in bed by 10.30.
On Boxing day I HIT THE WALL, I was sick, sore, tired, emotional BUT every lucky my husband was helpful and ready to do whatever i asked. I spent the next 2 days sleeping and resting. Everywhere I looked there were TOYS/MESS, but my body was in no state to do anything about it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

No what you mean about the back pain...both my girls were posterior!

So glad you were able to spend Christmas at home with your gorgeous family!