Sunday, December 20, 2009

Dec 14 to 20

I am off to hospital to have a baby tomorrow!!!!!!! but before I go here is a snap shot of our week!!!!!Monday was a busy one at school...certificates for presentation day and making sure everything was done. I was also tortured by Narelle as she made me put my fat feet into ice water and I tell you the pain was unbearable and a little bit funny.



Tuesday was Narelle's birthday and presentation day. Narelle was convinced I would be giving birth......me on the other hand just knew I wanted to make the week. A quick Christmas party with Linda and the family day care kids and we dashed off to swimming. I was up very late finishing the preschool photo DVD. For fundraising one parent puts all the years photos into a slide show and then they are sold, it is a great idea and I have loved doing it but as usual I have left it to the last minute and i am working late each night to get it done.



Wednesday started busy and ended late. Up with the birds to continue burning DVDs. I dashed into work sat through some interviews, ran down to say goodbye to the gorgeous year 6 and then zoomed off to Max's preschool concert. It was such a proud mum moment watching him sing and dance with his class. He had such a great time and he loved the fact Darren was there too. Santa came to visit and he got a book. We said our goodbyes to the gorgeous staff, I will miss his teacher Michelle so much next year. Then we drove to the camera shop and bought my gorgeous Canon 7D. We stopped off at Karen's house for a celebrational drink and Max had a swim with the kids.....take away for dinner AGAIN (healthy bread rolls and ham from the deli) as I needed to sit and PLAY with my camera. I wanted to go to KMART to buy some presents that evening but I was unable to even get shoes on. So when my battery finally charged at 10.40pm that night the only thing I had to take photos of was my fat feet.

Thursday - the last day of school for 2009. I arrived just before 8am ....a first for this year...just like the old days before kids!!!!! I quickly threw a few ideas onto paper for Alison's and my IWB presentation and chatted with the boss. It was a nice day and we had a gorgeous lunch...shame it was 40 degrees and the air con in the staff room stopped working. We played our "sneaky stealing Santa" game and had some fun. Then the sad part began...it was time for Chris to say his goodbyes. He gave us all a wonderful card with some very sweet words inside, the tears started for me when I read the nice things he said about me as a mum and max, and then I saw my gorgeous pandora charm. but what really made me cry was when he gave Jonathan a Don Bradman pack, handed down from Chris' dad...the relationship and the sentiment was just soooo sweet the tears just flooded out. We ended the day taking photos and just chatting in the HEAT and sometime before 4o'clock the 1976 Kombi left with the principal in it for the last time!!!

I was EXHAUSTED, a long school year had finally come to an end and I was 38 weeks and 6 days pregnant, it was 41 degrees and my office was still not 100% packed up. I had to get home shower and was off to see Dr Fulcher for a check up to see if I was alright to be induced. It was good news, I was booked in for Monday and the only thing that could have made me happier was if he would take me on the 18th...but no it was his day off!!!!!

I cleaned the house Friday and Max and I had a PJ day. We had a wonderful dinner at Karen's for her birthday....home just after midnight! I spent Saturday cleaning and then Sunday Darren and I finished off some Christmas shopping, That evening we had a nice dinner and then took Max to see the lights at Greenway Park. I dropped him off at Darren's mums as I had to be at the hospital at 7am the next morning....it broke my heart to say goodbye. I ironed and sorted clothes to late that night trying not to think to much about the following day.

No comments: