Saturday, October 03, 2009

10 years ago today

10 years ago today I married my guy, my high school sweetheart. The weather was chilly and rainy, although it held off for a garden ceremony and some photos outside. Darren was 23 and I was 18 days off turning 23. We were married at about 3.15pm


Here we are 10 years on at home at 3.15pm and the weather was exactly the same as it was 10 years ago. We now have a gorgeous son who is 3 years and 7 months old. I am 28 weeks pregnant with our second child. We have moved to our dream house and put in our dream pool.

Today was very different to the one I had planned. We were meant to go down to Wollongong for the day and have our photos taken by the wonderful and talented Janine Kaye.


We were going to have a special bite to eat afterwards and drive home, but yes the weather had other ideas. So we ended up staying home and I was happy my dad popped over for some lunch and a chat. We ended up taking some photos with my arm extended out on our front step, and then going to the movies. It was Max's first time at the movies and he was a little stunned by the whole experience. We saw UP. It was a sweet movie but the previews before hand had scared Max, then the lights dimmed and he asked to go home. I settled him on my lap and then there was a thunder storm scene in the movie and he started to cry. We did get through it but he does not want to go back again at this stage.


We then met Karen and Mark at a local Italian restaurant and had a wonderful meal. It poured all night and in fact the whole long weekend was cold and rainy.

4 comments:

Narelle said...

Hey Guys,
Happy 10th Anniversary. Cute photos - you did well Bel with that extended arm. Wow - a lot has happened in 10 years - imagine what another 10 will do. Well done guys!!!! Congrats - here's hoping that there are plenty more ahead.

Love Ya All Long Time
Rell

PS Nice hair Bel
PSS Daz sexy with your glasses on -professional man
PSSS Has Max got Woody???? Lucky Daz is holding Woody LOL.
PSSSS As you can probably tell by now I have had one cowboy too many.
PSSSSS Love the cute family

Narelle said...

Edit:
Whoops just read my comment and it was meant to read;
PSSS Has Max got Woody???? Lucky Daz isn't holding Woody LOL.

Bit of a typo (in drunken state) Ooops
Love You the Longest of Long Times
Rell

Anonymous said...

Oh how I remember your wedding day and me blubbing lol was perfect babe. Love the photos miss you guys so x x x

alyndabear said...

Happy 10 years!!! x