Saturday, April 25, 2009

They shall grow not old,
as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them,
nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them.

Watching the news tonight made me teary, the ode and the last post just makes me cry every year. Today I think of my dad and I am so proud of him and his father and grandfather. I think of my uncle Norm and his slouch hat on his coffin on the day he was buried. All proud men, all happy and honoured to be Australian.

I also shed a tear as dad did not march again as his partner is ill, I hope next year he will for his grand son.

Tonight I will start an Anzac day tradition and read Max the great book, pictured above.

I love you dad, my cobber!!!!

1 comment:

Narelle said...

Your dad would love the fact that you are so proud of him. I lost my grandfather WWI as well. He made it back but he had lots of shrapnel in his back and passed away soon after. Let us know if he is going to march next year and we will come and watch him too.
See you tomorrow for another fun filled day at the factory.
Love Ya Long Time
Rell