We lost our little staffy (my little pussy cat) today.
We noticed she had weepy eyes on Wednesday and thought she just had a cold as it has been very COLD here. Today she would not leave her bed so Daz took her to the vet.
She had a massive eye tumor and that meant her eye had to be removed and as it was so big it could give her brain damage. The vet said she might not be her happy self again as she would be protective as she would be blind in one eye. As Max and her play together I could not RISK it. I could not take her to the vet and I am feeling empty as Darren said his goodbyes and has had a cry. I could not go, I could not say goodbye but now as the tears start to swell I feel sooo bad I did not give her one last kiss!
My fondest (and funniest) story of this little rascal was when I walked both her and Bronte though the lakes at the back of the new estate in 2001. It was a hot January morning and I had lost a lot of weight and my wedding rings were loose. Bronte would go for a swim in the lake but Pebbles would never leave my side. This time Bronte swam right off and I was calling her back, all of a sudden Pebbles jumped in and started to swim too. It was like she did three strokes and just SUNK, GONE!!!!! I ran into the dirty lake and scooped her up as I did I felt something weird on my left hand............OH MY GOSH my rings. I splashed and searched and just paniced as Pebbs gasped for air and all I could think about was my wedding rings. I walked home in the HOT morning sun WET, MUDDY and CRYING. no one could see the tears as I was sweating sooo much. I thought about borrowing my friends pool scoop and going back!!! I even wondered about redrawing from our home loan. I cried all the way home......................i had a shower and sulked for 3 hours.
THEN I sat on my bed and there they were. My rings, they had fallen off that night and I had forgotten i put them on my bedside table...............oh man the day Pebbles made me save her life had turned out ok!!!!!
Miss ya ! We will never forget your noises, your big tongue, your gorgeous muscles, and the way you cleaned yourself like a cat. 
16 Dec 1999 to 23 Aug 2008


7 comments:
Oh NO - what a story...hehe!
So sorry once again Belinda...:(
Thinking of you. :D
xx
i am so sorry Belinda..i feel your pain..it is so heartbreaking to say goodbye to a beloved pet. big hugs..xxxjk
I am so sorry Belinda! *hugs*
It is hard when you lose a pet because they are part of the family. I hope you are all doing ok.
Thinking of you.
xxx
Hugs Belinda - it is so precious to be able to think back on those memories
Oh Belinda - sending my thoughts to you at the moment. It must be a very hard time. Take care.
Hey My Gorgeous Friend,
Sorry to hear the sad news. No need to kiss her one last time as I am sure that she would have known how loved she was. It is hard to lose a pet - I have done it many times over BUT it never gets easier. They are a part of the family. But sometimes things happen for a reason and you would never forgive yourself if she had of done something to Max.
Well Honey - better times ahead. I say bring on that girls night and 2000 bottles of chardi! Seriously some good is ahead - I just know it.
Love Ya LONG LONG Time
Rell
Poor Pebbles - she was such a character. I hope Max learns to understand. Take care.
Alison XXX
PS See you Friday.
Post a Comment