Friday, March 19, 2010

the Camden Show

We had to get up way before the sun to drive Darren to the airport so when we got home we decided to go down and enjoy the Camden show and boy I am glad we did.


the beginning.



Max won a Pirate telescope on the clowns.

I won a BATMAN by throwing 3 rubber balls into a bucket....as soon as I handed over the $10 Max thought Batman was his. The pressure was on to make 2 out of the 4 balls stay in the bucket...lucky I learnt by watching that they bounce and a soft throw was the way to win.Max loved looking at the chickens and it took a long time to work up the nerve to touch one and pick one up.

He loved riding the tea cups and cars.

It was soooo hot the jumping Castle burnt his feet. (36 degrees).

We bought a TOY STORY show bag.

Max wanted to go on the giant slide and walked all the way to the top. I followed him and right at the top he changed his mind, as it was tooo hard to get back down, I just threw him on my lap and he screamed all the way down.

We drank nice cold icey drinks.

We loved looking at the horses and cows.

We ended up leaving and going to eat in the aircon at Camden McDonald's...it was soooo hot.

I wanted to quickly look at the patchwork shop in Camden but Max threw himself on the ground and begged me to go home. He napped for 2 hours that afternoon and then went to swimming lessons.





the end..........."I'm tired, can we go home, where is the car????"


As we left I said to myself that we would definitely go down again next year on the Friday as it was not busy and a great day out. Then it dawned on me Max might be in school next year. WOW that made me sad that next year little excursions together like this would not be as easy and mean more crowds.....well maybe one day off school with mum each term would be ok!!!! ;)


1 comment:

Narelle said...

Hey There,
You know how much I love the Camden Show. It is a yearly event for us. Great photos. We will have to organise to go together next year.
Love You Long Time
Rell