Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Aug 10 - 16

The week ended with sensational weather. I am not getting my HOPES up that we are out of Winter yet, but I tell you there are only a few cold "get ups" left this year I think. Sunday was 26 degrees and beautiful.....made me realize Max has grown and his shorts from last year nearly don't fit and some shopping is needed. We spent the warm afternoon in the sunshine in Karen's street with the kids riding bikes and the adults eating nice cheese and dips and the for those of us who were not pregnant champagne or beer. It was still warm at 6pm. Max was in love with Declan and Phlynn's guns, he shot everything that moved and told the boys numerous times they were cool!!!!
The rest of the week was filled with routine. Max discovered SCUBA diving in the bath. I handed out $900 worth of pies at preschool and continued on with Max's bug quilt. I was thankful this week that the staff at my school are a GREAT bunch and I will miss BPS next year, seriously we have a NICE staff and that makes all the ups and down there worth it in the end.

However we got the sad news this week that Doreen (Dad's partner) has months left with her battle with cancer......I hope that she holds on as long as her body will cope. I feel for her and my dad. She is looking weaker and Max asked "are you sick?" When she said yes, he told her "I will send my dad over and he can fix you, he fixes everything". I wish this could be fixed my sweet boy. xxxxxxx

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey you,

Sorry to hear that Doreen is not doing so well bless her and your Dad too love him.
My thoughts are with you all at this time. Kirsten x x x

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear about your dad's partner.

I hope your referring to maternity leave and not a transfer.

Xx

Narelle said...

Hey There Chooky,
Glad the week is over. Bring on the next lot of holidays I say.

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your family (especially dad) during this difficult time. It is so wrong that cancer takes so many beautiful people. Be strong for your dad. Take plenty of photos for him so that the memories stand strong.

Love Ya Long Time
Off to wash the car
Rell