


I thought it was SOOO funny that max LOVED the fact that the microwave was at HIS level!!! HE PRETEND cooked everything!!!! I just loved watching him on the beach. He just wanted to RUN into that water. Shame it was a 18 degreee day
The pool at hallidays was SENSATIONAL too! Max was so keen to get in but the weather NEVER went into the 20s (sadly). WHY did we have 2 weeks of sensational weather an then when i go away it is BAD??????
Well in 8 hours I will be back to a HARD week! Parent teacher interviews!!! YEs I have to really tell it HOW it is with a few! Even though my class has come SOOOO far there are a few that i seriously STRESS about. the ones that DO NOTHING!!!!! the ones that by year 2 have really poor number skills and can't add 2 numbers together to save their lives! This class has SOOOO much potential I have worked hard to improve their writing and number strategies but I can take them SOOOO much further.
But tomorrow I have to sit there and remember this beautiful bunch of kids NO MATTER how much they struggle have ISSUES! they see domestic violence, they have parents in goal, they dONT eat breatfast and they worry about things I never had to worry about. I want to break the cycle for them i PUSH them and I QUESTION them in HOPE that one day they will go to uni or Tafe and be who they want to be!!!! I even tell them THEY CAN be who they want to be...........gee i hope it SINKS in!!!!
so please make sure you tell your kids they can be who they want to be....as believe me there are kids out there in homes that are never told this.


3 comments:
It looks like you had a great holiday. And I definitely understand what you're saying about telling kids they are worth the effort. The hard bit is getting them to believe it! Very sad.
:)
What a great holiday Belinda - it's just a pity you didn't get better weather - next time hey??
I understand you so much about the kids you teach - sadly there are lots of children out there living lives we hope we NEVER have to experience. It's great some of them are even AT school and have someone like you who cares about them.
Alison XXX
Sounds like a great place to go. Max looks like he had an absolute ball regardless of the weather.
Let's hope that you're not the only great teacher the children in your class will get. Keep doing what you're doing. It will get through to some.
xxx V
Post a Comment