Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Motherhood!!!

That really has been the word of today!!! I have a little cry in the car today as I realised the date and the fact that this brilliant year is almost over. As I drove past where Max was born and remembered the days of my tiny baby boy in the pram as I pushed him back to the hospital every 3 days to have him weighed as he had a weight gain problem.
Then on KSK a motherhood thread has started and I cried again as all of us talked about the joys of motherhood. After all those months of stress and living with the thought I may never be a mum I am SOO happy my life is here and I am crying as now it is going by too fast!!!
He is growing soo fast!!! LOOK at this. He is soo curious and soo determined to explore the world.
Our mothers group (which I am soo glad to be apart of) are catching up this Sunday and I can't wait to see the babies all together again!!!

Here is a story that will show how crazy the retail world is. I bought a FIsher Price toy for Max 2 months ago on special for $80. Tracy for mothers group picked it up so I did not have the docket. I then decided it was not the toy for him and carried the HEAVY thing back to Toys R US. they told me NO exchange EVER without a docket. they told me to go to big W and they would do it. I told the girl I was not going to lie and not carry this heavy thing back to the car so she should call the manager. she did and he told me to take it to KMART or Big W!!!! GESH!!! Anyway as this thing weighed the side of a house I had to go against my morals and LIE at Big W. I asked for an exchange and they said yes. It was worth $118. i told the lady that I got it on sale and it was worth about $80. She said yes they were on sale but not anymore so she had to give me $118. GEE i was feeling SO WRONG at this point - but it was toys r us fault!!!! I insisted to only get a $80 exchange credit. but she insisted she HAD to give me $118. So when I told her the toy I wanted was too big to carry Now and I would have to come back she preceeded to give me $118 IN CASH!!!!! ok so I went away cheering alittle but slightly worried I was going to be arrested!!!! moral to the story!!! Always keep receipts.
I wanted to share more but blogger is playing up!!!
Will do so tomorrow
Goodnight
chat soon

3 comments:

Liz said...

lol Belinda... I wouldn't worry about it...IMO

better of in your pocket than theirs..

shhh I didn't say that..

;)

Belinda Venables said...

Hey Belinda...I didn't know you converted to 'blogger'
How are you? Hope all is well. Look at your little guy, how cute is he!!
Take care
Belinda
xxx

Anonymous said...

LOL Belinda...take the money.. how many times do you get ripped off somewhere else lol... Max is so adorable and i still think he looks alot like you ...chat to you soon