Where did this obsession begin??? Why is it now part of my lifestyle?Becuase that is just it! It is a lifestyle choice and it is not about being the BEST, pleasing others or being published. It is about creating memories to last forever. The red LO is a CJ entry and first bath was completed at scrap girls.
Donna Wild inspired me tonight to reflect on this great craft and think about what got me hooked!
Well it was two things! At a creative memories party I saw an album that
a teacher I worked with made! It told her LIFE Story! It was not about the product, it was about the story, the memories and the fact the shoebox of photos was now something special!Then my friend Veronika found a shop with coloured cardstock and she slowly sucked me in. I met Jen Hall at a class and she inspired me to start my ME album (as I had no children). NOW with 3 full ME albums documenting birth to age 30 I am an addict. Scrapbooking has been therapy, it has allowed me to document the ups and downs of trying to fall pregnant and has introduced me to some wonderful real life and cyber friends. It is about the memories, the good times and bad!
I think back to all the great classes I have attended with Ali Edwards and Becky Higgins and I remember what it is all about!
SCRAPBOOKING ROCKS!!!!!!


10 comments:
Very true! Scrapbooking is a love of story telling! Gorgeous layouts Belinda. :)
you are soooo so right Belinda .Narelle
That has got to be the best description of scrapbooking that I have ever heard. It just turns a light on and now I truly totally understand. I can't wait to get all my childhood photos out of storage and into an album.
Bridget
So true. That's what it's all about! It's not about trying to impress anyone but yourself.
:) ALison
Too true my friend. What a great way with words you have. Just think - we wouldn't have met without scrapbooking and then where would we be!!!!!!!!?
Alison XXX
Your thoughts on scrapbooking are beautiful, I agree with you it truly is a wonderful gift for our families. These LO's of Max are just gorgeous Belinda.
so true belinda.. love the layout of you and max it is so gorgeous
and the first bath photos have made me so clucky!!
Love what you've written here. And your LO's are divine.
Wow...I totally loved reading this, Belinda! It really is a "lifestyle", isn't it?!
Hey girl just blog hopped to your blog - whoo now Ican stalk you he he he, loving your work!!!
Post a Comment