Thursday, May 27, 2010

Jars of....quilt

Max's quilt is finished and I LOVE it.

It measures about 120 x 150 cm. It is SO bright and I love looking at all the bugs. I am more excited about it than Max.

If you pop by leave me a comment.....I would love to hear from you.

7 comments:

Buffee said...

I love the quilt! My granny just gave me the top to a quilt she made years ago but never finished. She has arthritis now and wasn't able to finish it. I just treasure it!

I still have the baby quilt my mom made me when I was born too! I love keepsakes like that!

Alison Shearer said...

I love, love, love this- it is gorgeous and bright and I hope Max loves it for ever. XXX

Unknown said...

It's totally gorgeous! Love all the bright colours!

Chloe said...

Wow - what a great quilt! Lots of work in there and can see it's made with love :-)

Narelle said...

Hey There,
I am so jealous of this beautiful quilt. You have done an excellent job. I have seen it in real life and it look even better. Great photos but I don't think they do the quilt justice as in real life it is amazing. You are a very clever girl. I love the fact that you put so much time into finding the right bugs for each jar. If it were in my home I would sit and study them all day. I can't wait to see your next creation - love the one that you have shown me.
Love you the Longest of Times
Rell
PS Can I put an order in for one for Ben (you know how much he love to put bugs in jars). Maybe this would save me finding all of the creepy crawlies in tupperware containers AHHHHHHHH. Yes I think that I would like to make one too. It is just beautiful and a family heirloom. Well done.

Gardenia said...

Beautiful! A work of art and a piece worthy of inheritance, of passing from generation to generation.

Kate said...

I love your quilt for Max! Fantastic idea. Max will grow to love it... such a good "boy quilt" idea xx